If you think the only time to ski is January or February.....maybe early March if pushed, you could be missing a trick. If you choose a higher altitude or glacier resort, late season skiing can be fantastic; here are just a few reasons why:-
1) Longer days - if you're used to skiing earlier in the season when the days draw in quickly, you'll enjoy the longer sunshine hours in late season, and longer lift opening hours
2) Lower prices - of all the peak school holiday weeks, Easter is lowest priced with some great bargains to be had. If you can go late but outside the school holidays, even better
3) Fewer people - less chance of lift queues, meaning you can make the most of the - often - excellent conditions
4) Sun Terraces and music - many resorts take advantage of the sunnier days and move the apres hour outside - Beer, BBQs and dancing........
which brings us around to........
5) Snowbombing - mooted as "The World's No.1 Music Festival on Snow" - a unique blend of skiing or boarding by day, partying by night, in the fantastic resort of Mayrhofen. This year's Party runs 3 to 8 April
Snowboxx - in Avoriaz, high above Morzine in the amazing Portes du Soleil - 18 to 25 March for this must-see event
Even if you've already skied this season, it seems a long time ago, doesn't it? With some great offers around, why not break out the Factor 30, swap the big jacket for a softshell and try to squeeze another week in, before the ski gear goes back in the loft.