Born 2 Ski are pleased to offer this unique hotel in a great location, with it's own Apres ski venue!
This stunning hotel is owned and run by the Fersterer family who established it, many years ago. It has a great ski-in location on the slopes and very close to the lifts to ski out. Scroll down for information about the Apres ski venue
The Art & Ski - In Hotel Hinterhag lies above the Saalbach and provides wonderful views down into the valley below. The best part is that you can ski on their own slope directly into the hotel. Surrounded by artworks from well-known artists, let your mind enjoy a holiday and relax under aged wood. Discover the tree of mirrors (the resident artist, Evi Fersterer's idea), the wellness area and the panoramic sauna on the sun deck. The rooms are all furnished with aged wood, which creates a comforting and cosy atmosphere.
There's also a lot to discover from a culinary perspective. There is a wonderful breakfast buffet with a front cooking station, and a juice bar where you can create your own juices. In the evening you can enjoy à la carte half-board in the Herzbuam restaurant. Select three courses from our menu or take a trip to the Mediterranean in Seppi's, our second restaurant. Round off your evening in the cosy atmosphere of the lounge or piano bar.
THE HINTERHAG PACKAGE INCLUDES:
• PLEASURE A substantial breakfast buffet until 11 am and comes with beautiful panoramic view across Saalbachand the Glemmtal Mountains. Ending the evening in harmonic atmosphere, enjoy a 3-course dinner at our new restaurant „Herzbuam“. Select your dishes from the a la carte menu + the lavish salad buffet. Relax after a lovely dinner with a glass of good wine in the lounge or in the Piano Bar.
• WELLNESS The SPA area provides plenty of facilities for relaxation. The wellness area is equipped with a swimming pool as well as a Finnish sauna and a steam saunarium. But the absolute highlight is the Panorama Sauna on the roof of our hotel. Here you can enjoy an amazing view across Saalbach by night. Book one of the exclusive ‚‘Alpha Sphere“ relaxation loungers, developed by the Viennese artist Sha, for your personal use. These loungers were especially developed to help recharging your batteries, to release tensions and to let go of the stress and hectic of everyday life. We offer relaxing massages on request. Please select from our offer of massage treatments, with extra charges:
• SKIING The hotel's ski hire partner provides a free shuttle service, taking you from the hotel to the ski hire station and then to the piste. Information about the ski pass can be found here. The Turmwiese with the Kohlmaisgipfel cable car or the Turm 6er are situated 100 metres next to the hotel, putting you right in the middle of the ski circus.
• The ALM On your way back, ski straight from the piste directly into the hotel, relax on the sleigh loungers beneath the mirror tree and forget everyday life. The Hinterhag Alm is only a few steps away from the hotel. The ‚‘Hinterhag Alm‘‘ is known for its legendary Apres Ski, inviting to live music and Herzerltanz (Dance of the Hearts) every day from 4 pm. But before the endless crowd of skiers arrives, enjoy delicious dishes from the organic kitchen in cosy alpine atmosphere or on the sun terrace from 11 am.
• A LA CARTE RESTAURANT SEPPIS If requested, the hotel can book a table for you at their gourmet restaurant "Seppi‘s“ which already opens at lunch time. Have a look into the open kitchen and watch the chef working on delicious culinary creations. Get a welcome drink, enjoy a lovely wine tasting and choose your dinner from the great menu.
There is a choice of room types at different prices - Mountain, Artist or Valley double rooms, suites for up to 4 people.
Valley Rooms Made for tradition with far-reaching views. The aged wood room created in a new style. The wood was painstakingly removed from old farms, cut, prepared and used to build your room. The glass front, which can also be completely darkened, offers a wonderful view of Saalbach and far down into the valley. Spend the whole day sitting in the sun on the balcony and treat yourself to room service. Enjoy a bath, treat yourself to a massage in your room, visit the wellness area and let yourself be looked after in one of our two restaurants. WLAN for working - our leisure programs for distraction. Bathroom with bathtub, seperate WC Open wardrobe Flatscreen TV, WLAN/WiFi, Safe Small seating area and glass front Additional bed for 3rd person possible including the Hinterhag Package
Mountain Rooms The aged wood room created in a new style. The wood was painstakingly removed from old farms, cut, prepared and used to build your room. The glass front, which can also be completely darkened, offers a wonderful view to the mountain side and the ski slope. Enjoy a bath, treat yourself to a massage in your room, visit the wellness area and let yourself be looked after in one of our two restaurants. WLAN for working - our leisure programme for distraction. Bathroom with bathtub or shower and WC Open wardrobe Flatscreen TV, WLAN/WiFi, Safe Small seating area and glass front including the Hinterhag-Package
Artist Rooms Large enough for an artist. Cosiness - this only requires sunburnt aged wood that is surrounded by light coming through the glass front. Enjoy views of the snow-covered mountains from your bed or relax in the sunshine on your balcony. Discover the panoramic sauna, relax in the relaxation room, drink a glass of wine in the lounge and then enjoy a meal in Seppi´s or Herzbaum. Enjoy your free time or use our wireless connection to work anywhere in the hotel. Bathroom with bathtub and WC Open wardrobe Flatscreen TV, WLAN/WiFi Safe, small seating area and glass front inklusive the Hinterhag Package
Suites for up to 4
Space for the whole family.
Together - but still apart. Create a sense of togetherness by separating the room via a sliding glass partition. Look out over Saalbach and the mountains through the glass front or enjoy the sunshine from the balcony. Our V-spring beds ensure that you get a relaxing night's sleep. Visit our wellness area, play games in the bar and let yourself be indulged in one of our two restaurants. Everything is nicer together - find out about our leisure programme. Large bathroom with bathtub, seperate WC Open wardrobe, safe Flatscreen TV, WLAN/WiFi Nespresso corner and glass front The living area with flat screen TV - seperated by a glass wall and curtains - is used as a sleeping area for occupancy with 3 or 4 people. including the Hinterhag Package
Hinterhag Alm - their own buzzing apres ski stop, on the slopes
Open daily from 11:00 a.m.! The popular après-ski with live music starts at 4:00 p.m. & the famous heart dance follows at 5:00 p.m
Right next to the Turmlift and Kohlmais descent is the Hinterhag Alm organic restaurant, which is the perfect place to stop for a bite to eat. Since its opening in 1976 healthy and fresh products have been used to lovingly create wonderful dishes. From the lounge area you can watch our chefs while they work. When the sun is shining the terrace is the perfect place to recharge your batteries. If it snows the open fireplace invites you to come in and warm up
This atmosphere infects everyone!
Après-ski is an essential part of a skiing holiday – and there has been a special place for this in Saalbach for many years: the Hinterhag Alm. Since it opened a seemingly endless number of skiers have been flocking there every day at 4:00 p.m. On 2 levels people sway closely together to the beat of the live music. Come and get carried away by the atmosphere and party with us!
Hotel's cancellation rules:
Room cancellations can only be accepted in writing. You can cancel your booking free of charge up to 4 weeks before arrival (for groups up to 12 weeks before arrival). A cancellation fee of 80% of the room rate applies for cancellations less than 4 weeks before arrival or for stays that are cut short (delayed arrival or early departure). This cancellation fee applies to the cancelled days and may be waived only if the cancelled room can be rented out again on the same day. Please note that a cancellation is only confirmed when we have provided you with a cancellation number. Any increase in value added tax and/or the introduction of local taxes, e.g. a bed tax or cultural surcharge, will be added to the price.
Close to piste, Sauna, Swimming pool, Wellness area, Family rooms, Car Parking, Good for apresski, Good for nonski, Good for groups, Short breaks, WIFI